CGW 1923 Box Cars

golden1014

Gentlemen,

I was going through RP Cyc No. 18 last night and was surprised to read that CGW 1923 ARA single-sheathed box cars came in at least two varieties.  I read that a whole series of cars was delivered with Murphy roofs and 7-8 Murphy ends.  However, one of the photos referenced of the series with Murphy roofs seems to show a car with a round roof.

Are there any CGW experts on board that can confirm if CGW indeed had a series of cars with 7-8 ends and Murphys roofs?

If this is true, a simple roof replacement on the F&C model will yield a nice CGW car at a reasonable prices (not Sunshine prices).

Thanks a Bunch,

John Golden
Ramstein-Miesenbach, Germany

RPM Blog: https://railroadprototypemodeler.wordpress.com/