ATSF Automobile cars/door color

ottokroutil

I came across a grainy color film on Facebook that shows what appears to be black doors on a 50’ ATSF Automobile car. It has the standard herald, but no maps or slogans, just the word “Automobile” on the right side.
I’m aware many roads used black doors and white stripes to distinguish auto cars with special equipment, but didn’t know Santa Fe was one of them. SFMO Painting and Lettering Guide by Richard Hendrickson has no references to such a practice. My guess is this is a pre-1940 scheme, or perhaps a short-term experiment, and if so, how late could one expect to see a car like this before it was repainted?