Re: reefer MDT 13755 on display at the Fulton County Museum

mopacfirst

You're talking about the mechanical fan drive, right?  Most other major refrigerator lines located it on the left-hand truck on the side of the car as you stood facing the side with the fan drive.  My MDT book is not here any more, so I can't look it up.  The ART book, which is still here, says these fan drives were usually located at the A end of the car, which is true here.  It's just on the opposite side of the car from many of the others.

Ron Merrick