Re: Virginia Chemical Tank Cars

Schleigh Mike

VCSX and Virginia Chemical, Inc are  not listed in either the Oct 1958 or Oct 1959 issues of the ORER.

Mike Schleigh in Grove City, Penna.

On Monday, February 17, 2020, 03:25:48 PM EST, Allen Cain <allencaintn@...> wrote:

I am looking for information on Virginia Chemical Tank cars as offered by Broadway Limited (Item # 6125).  These cars have built dates of 1941 and 1946 but do not appear in my 1953, 1954 or 1955 ORER.  However they have "Test" dates in 1958 thru 1960.

This leads me to assume that they were originally lettered for another road and later re-lettered for Virginia Chemical.

If you have an ORER for 1956 to 1959 I would appreciate it if you could see if these cars are listed and if so can you tell me their classification type code?

VCSX 116
VCSX 119
VCSX 120
VCSX 121

And if anyone has background information on Virginia Chemical it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Allen Cain