Re: Santa Fe Freight Near Victorville - Mystery Loads

tyesac@aol.com <tyesac@...>

They appear to have wheels under each one, so, I wonder if these are something like a towed pneumatic compressor, or a heavy duty hydraulic pump.  Sunshine had a kit load for something like these, however those were single axle carts covered by square wooden shipping hoods.   A modeler would be able to create a similar looking load by just modeling the tires,wheels, axles tow hitch with some kind of plank hood.  Correct AAR blocking & tie downs would make it more convincing.   Signage painted on the plank covering would be a mystery for now though, beyond a "do not hump" placard.

Tom Casey

-----Original Message-----
To: main <main@realstmfc.groups.io>
Sent: Thu, Feb 20, 2020 10:03 pm
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Santa Fe Freight Near Victorville - Mystery Loads

The location appears to be Frost, immediately after the flyover, so this train is eastbound. What businesses in the LA area would ship something like this?

Matthew Metoyer
Santa Maria CA

On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 7:44 PM Greg Martin via Groups.Io <TGREGMRTN=AOL.COM@groups.io> wrote:
I guess it really doesn't matter if you simply built them and use them as an open load., does it. great conversation piece. Could be just about any round load.

Greg Martin

Eventually all things merge into one and a river runs through it.
Norman Maclean

Sent from AOL Desktop
In a message dated 2/20/2020 11:27:06 AM Pacific Standard Time, chiefbobbb=verizon.net@groups.io writes:

Santa Fe Freight Near Victorville - Mystery Loads
A photo from the Kansas Historical Society:
Click on the photo to enlarge it, then click on the "Enlarge" button to further enlarge it.
Caption: "Atchison, Topeka, & Santa Fe manifest train (a fast freight train hauling perishables or livestock) with caboose ATSF 1810 bringing up the rear of the train. This photograph was taken in the high desert of California near the Mohave River near Victorville, California by R. C. Bradley for AT&SF."
Does anyone know what are the loads on the six flat cars ahead of the three tank cars?
Thanks.
Bob Chaparro
Hemet, CA

--
Hey Boss,

Somehow I got deleted from this group in late May. I guess someone didn't like me. Jail is a lonely place.

Greg Martin 

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.