Re: Seeking advice on Kadee 4000 boxcar use on Southeastern Road

Benjamin Hom

Allen Cain asked:
"I have come into several Kadee 4000 undecorated boxcars 1950-1953 Narrow Tab 40' PS-1 Boxcar with 6' Youngstown Door.
I am seeking advice for info on any southeastern roads that would have used this car in the 1950 to 1955 timeframe. Any suggestions? And if you have photos even better!
https://www.kadee.com/ho-scale-rtr-cars-c-274_278_290/4000-ho-scale-undecorated-19501953-narrow-tab-40-ps1-boxcar-with-6-youngstown-door-boxcar-red-rtr-p-624.htm

Fenton Wells replied:
"Allen go to the Steam Era Freight Car site and look at Pat Widers summary of PS-1 boxcars.  That should give you what you want."

Actually, Ed Hawkins.  It's a MS Excel file, so you'll need MS Office or an Open Office app to open it.
http://www.steamerafreightcars.com/prototype/frtcars/PullmanStandard40ftPS1boxcars.xls

Ben Hom