From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Daniel A. Mitchell
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2020 2:34 PM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] NP Mystery Car

The car clearly has TWO doors on the visible side, with door-tracks still in place. NP and several other roads (GN, PRR, etc.) had such ~55-60’ four-door boxcars. It has since had several smaller low doors added, as well as roof hatches. This is quite similar to other cars used for wood chip, slash, and block service.

Dan Mitchell

On Feb 26, 2020, at 10:39 AM, Douglas Harding <doug.harding@...> wrote:

Notice there is no door on the car, essentially making it an extremely tall gon. That says sawdust or wood chip car when sitting in the Pacific northwest.

Doug  Harding