Re: Accurail Ribbed Sided Box Car

Bill Welch

The doors are accurate. The "Rib Side" kits seem mixed regarding the grabs. I have only built the 40-ft DD and removed the mold-on grabs easily. I have the 50-ft w/6-ft door to build and the grabs are not molded-on. The brakes wheels are beautiful and correct I think. I replaced the molded on Sill Steps and scratch built new ladders for the DD version. The representation of the side ribs, the unique MILW roof and dreadnaught ends are well done. With some love these can be built into very nice models.

I suggest consulting the appropriate RP CYC that focused on the Rib Side designs as some of them had wood running boards while some were mixed with steel Longitudinal and wood Latitudinals.

Bill Welch