Re: Accurail Ribbed Sided Box Car

Ken Adams

Dennis

Thank you very much for the information on the mold history for what sounds like a series of Milwaukee rib sided cars from Accurail.  I have absolutely no complaint about the molded on grabs and short cuts in the brake gear underframe for the price of the car.  Again, personally I am not planning to be any sort of expert on these cars so not delving too deep.  I am however hoping our super detail experts on this and other resin/plastic model building group forums to come up with reasonable methods to enhance these wonderful cars and turn them into model works of art.

If I ever get my Port Costa layout built to the point the mainline is working these cars will be "background" freight cars passing through as loads or returning empty on the SP mainline between the Bay Area and points east.