Re: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] Yankee Clipper Kit List

Tim O'Connor

The West Shore kits were (are) qualitatively better than Yankee Clipper, even if
the castings themselves were the same "alumilite" yellow resin. There was also an
outfit - "Steam Shack"? - that did some CV & GTW single sheathed box cars, and I
think also did some Rutland cars.

I also built the F&C PRR GSh gondola. I remember counting the number of holes I had
to drill for grabs etc - I think it came to 75 or so! That was before I owned my
Brazelton drill press and I broke many #80 drill bits before I had finished. I also
learned about straightening out a WARPED and TWISTED car body from that GSh project. :-)

On 2/28/2020 10:08 AM, Gatwood, Elden J SAD wrote:

Guys;

I built his PRR GSH gon as one of my first resin builds.  The resin parts, details, decals and the instructions were good enough that it still compares well with my “modern” resin kit builds.

Also, one of my first 3 “accurate” PRR freight cars.

Expanding on the subject, does anyone know of a list of the West Shore Line’s offerings?  They were of that same era, and also manufactured by F&C.

Thanks!

Elden Gatwood