Re: NP Mystery Car

Tony Thompson

Matt Smith wrote:

Well considering spray cans were not invented until the transition era, that is the reason for lack of graffiti on steam era freight cars, not because your generation was smarter or had more respect. Let’s keep the generational ranting out of an otherwise enjoyable hobby.

     I agree with Matt about "generational ranting," but please keep in mind that for thousands of years it has been the job of the elders to decry the descent into chaos of the young generation. Don was only doing his job <g>.
       It is also worth pointing out that freight car graffiti (as we know them today, not the "Bozo Texino" kind of chalk marks) really started in 1979, when the New York subway car cleanup drove the "writers" to other opportunities. It ain't about spray cans.

Tony Thompson