Re: The New York Central in 1928-1929

Ed,

The NYC had several enclosed Shay locomotives for use on their West Side Freight Line (pulling freight cars, mandatory content). They have been written about a number of times in the railfan press. Here is photo of one that came up at the top of an internet search: https://www.railarchive.net/nyccollection/nyc7189.htm .

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Sun, Mar 1, 2020 at 1:23 AM spsalso via Groups.Io <Edwardsutorik=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I cannot think of a more pleasant exercise than being atop a boxcar in frigid winter weather cranking a "movie machine".  Wow.  The fun!.

That said.

I saw a NYC locomotive numbered 1904, in the street scenes.  I am only slightly intrigued, being a Northwestern kind of guy.  But yet.  Pretty damn cool.

Anyone of a more northeastern bent have thoughts on this locomotive?  Is it a Shay?

And, by the way, I am VERY impressed at the quality of this film.  "Hats off" to the lucky winner who got to climb the ladders on the rolling stock.

Ed

Edward Sutorik