coupler distance over car end

vapeurchapelon

Hello friends,

I have several cars where the coupling distance seems to be or definitely is too large, so I have to reposition the coupler box. I already use Kadee #153 couplers together with #178 box (where possible). My question is if there are any rules regarding the correct position = distance of coupler face over end beam or running board, or if I just could do as short as possible to be correct - just making sure that the coupler box front is gap-free with the end beam (which I doubt). Any help will be very appreciated.

Many thanks an greetings

Johannes
modeling the early post-war years up to about 1953