Prototype Junction Crowd Funding - Only one week to go

Steve and Barb Hile

I was excited to learn about the project that two of our list members, Randy Hammill and John Drake have launched.  The chosen prototypes are interesting and varied while sharing some characteristics.  Something from the group would be appropriate for eras from the late 1920's into the 1970's.

See their website for more details  https://www.prototypejunction.com/

What I see as most unique is their approach to financing the project using a crowd sourcing model.  I have not seen this used in the Model Railroad hobby before, but it is a well accepted process for developers of board and video games, among others.  Sadly, at this point they don't seem to be nearing their goals and that risks this project being started as well as bodes poorly for similar funding of model railroad projects, as well.

Please take a look at their Indiegogo page at https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ho-40-single-sheathed-box-and-auto-cars-1929-70s#/ for other details.  Near the bottom of the page are some listings of names that you might recognize from this list that have already supported this project.

Consider adding your name to this list to support this project.  If the project fails to get enough support the deposits will be returned.

Thanks,
Steve Hile