Re: SAL, ex-GF&A ARA XM-1 Box Cars

Tim O'Connor

On 3/4/2020 10:20 AM, Don Burn wrote:
Correction,

RPC 18.

Don Burn

-----Original Message-----
From: Don Burn [mailto:burn@windrvr.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2020 10:20 AM
To: 'main@RealSTMFC.groups.io' <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: RE: [RealSTMFC] SAL, ex-GF&A ARA XM-1 Box Cars

Page 45 of RPC 19.

Don Burn

-----Original Message-----
From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of O Fenton Wells
Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2020 10:11 AM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io

Scott, trying to help you and on page 42 of my RPC vol 19 is a Wabash box (NJI&I #4145) Let me know where else to look Fenton

On Wed, Mar 4, 2020 at 6:16 AM Scott H. Haycock <shhaycock@comcast.net <mailto:shhaycock@comcast.net> > wrote:

I just pulled this F&C kit, #8081, WofA, out my stash to work on. My plan is to turn it into the GF&A version, then letter it for the SAL as it would have looked after 1944.

Originally, when I came up with this idea, I did my research, collected everything I'll need- Kit, Trucks, Decals, a photo ... Oops! no photo. I know there is a photo of one of these cars in GF&A livery in RPC 19, pg. 42, But I don't have this book anymore. And I cant find a scan either, though I'm pretty sure I took one. I thought I had a photo of one of these cars in SAL lettering as well, but it's not in my modeling notes. If anyone can point me at a photo or two I'd appreciate it.

My main concern at this time however, is the roof. I need to replace the model's roof with a Hutchin's roof. I could really use a good photo or better yet a drawing of this roof.

Thanks for any help,

Scott Haycock

--
*Tim O'Connor*