Re: SAL, ex-GF&A ARA XM-1 Box Cars

Bill Welch

Edited

On Wed, Mar 4, 2020 at 06:16 AM, Scott H. Haycock wrote:

My main concern at this time however, is the roof. I need to replace the model's roof with a Hutchin's roof.  I could really use a good photo or better yet a drawing of this roof.
Thanks for any help,
Scott Haycock
Scott I would suggest purchasing an Undec Accrual 8-panel SS box car with composite ends and cut their beautiful Hutchins roof off. The advantage of that body is there a flange that helps to guide a saw blade. You may need to widen the roof but any filler will be hidden but the Running Board. I have done this 3-4 times and never regretted it.

Bill Welch