Re: SAL, ex-GF&A ARA XM-1 Box Cars

Paul Woods <paul@...>

On Wed, Mar 4, 2020 at 02:29 PM, Tom Madden wrote:

Another advantage of injection molding over resin casting.

Tom Madden

[Speaking mostly tongue-in-cheek]: A significant disadvantage of injection moulding is, having plowed huge $$$ into an injection-moulding die, it becomes very difficult for a manufacturer to resist putting Foobie paint jobs on models to increase their return.  I completely understand the need for this, and many purchasers don't mind anyway, but I have to say it really stings when I spend good money on what I think is an accurate model (not in HO, by the way, I model in O), only to find it never existed.  It would be handy if manufacturers put a little unicorn symbol on their advertising beside the foobie paint jobs i.e. 'This one belongs in a fairy tale'.

Actually, come to think of it, advertising for the schemes that could be called 90%-100% accurate probably should include a picture of that classic child's equine ride-on nursery toy with a little brown pile behind it, because they seem to be rarer than rocking horse poo!

Paul Woods