Re: liquid storage (was Consumer Warning Labels)

Tim O'Connor

I have found that Tamiya jars are absolutely air tight. I even transferred contact and canopy cement to the jars and they remain perfectly fresh.

-----Original Message-----

From: npmoyer@...
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io
Sent: 2020-03-08 12:26:17 PM
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Consumer Warning Labels

Hope you protected your MEK from evaporation. I bought a quart and decanted an ounce into a repurposed paint bottle. A couple of year later when I needed to refill the bottle, I found the can half full. The cap was tight, but I still had evaporative loss.

Nelson Moyer

On Mar 8, 2020, at 9:19 AM, Jack Burgess <jack@...> wrote:

Actually, MEK isn't illegal in California. I suspect that buyers were using
if when other products were available. I've heard that it is still available
in places that sell automobile paint.

I bought two gallons of MEK before it was no longer available...I didn't
want to run out!

Jack