Re: New England Rail Service #1000 1/2 Door Add-On Kit.

Ray Breyer

Don's half doors are a great, cost effective way to create "fleet grade" (or better) models of tens of thousands of single and double sheathe auto boxcars, which ran through the entire timeframe for this list. They may occasionally need work for specific prototypes, but that's still faster and easier than scratching  your own doors.

Ray Breyer
Elgin, IL

On Sunday, March 8, 2020, 11:48:51 AM CDT, Roger Huber via Groups.Io <trainpainter@...> wrote:

Hi, Don.

I purchased 5 of the conversion kits several years ago and finally got around to doing my Accurail cars. They look pretty good to me and provide something different. My cars would never win any contests but sure look nice next to other ones.

Thanks for making the kits available to us.

Roger Huber
Deer Creek Locomotive Works

On Sunday, March 8, 2020, 07:54:32 AM CDT, Donald B. Valentine via Groups.Io <riverman_vt@...> wrote:

Hi folks,

    I gather that someone must have presented an article in one of the modeling mags on converting
some suppliers single door boxcar into a 1 1/2 door car judging from the number of requests for our
kit to do this over the last several months. We ran out of the parts late last fall and then received a
fill order from our molder in which all parts did not fill and he did not notice it. Last week we received
a new fill order in which all parts are properly filled. Thus we are again taking orders for that item and
generally fill and ship such orders within 48 hours. Our minimum order has been reduced to $24 to
make it easier to order small numbers of such parts plus $4.00 for shipping and handling.

   The #1000 1/2 Door Add-On kits are $5.95 each and are designed to be easily used with the
Accu-Rail Single Sheathed USRA style boxcars. Such cars were used in large numbers by the CNR,
GTW and other roads. The original article on which these kits are based was prepared by our late
associate, Richard Hendrickson and appears in the April 1993 issue of Rail Model Journal.

Cordially, Don Valentine