Cheers & Happy Modeling,
Bill Keene
Irvine, CA

On Mar 10, 2020, at 11:16 AM, Gatwood, Elden J SAD <elden.j.gatwood@...> wrote:

Ben is correct; post-55 cars, as-built never in CK P&L.  They did go all over the country with GE appliance loads.

Elden Gatwood

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill Keene via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2020 1:43 PM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] "Dedicated" freight car service

Elden,

What is the rough date that the X29F box cars went into service? Would these have been in service during the circle keystone era?

My knowledge of the PRR is quite limited thus this rather basic question.

Thanks & Happy Modeling,
Bill Keene
Irvine, CA

On Mar 10, 2020, at 7:18 AM, Gatwood, Elden J SAD <elden.j.gatwood@...> wrote:

Gang;

This is a dedicated service PRR X29F in appliance service to GE, with STB load restraining equipment.  They were specially rebuilt from X29 u/f’s expressly for this purpose.

Elden Gatwood