Re: Help Identifying Boxcar Ends.

mopacfirst

I believe those are the Intermountain ends that were designed for the '12-panel' 40' boxcar.  The spotting feature are those holes across the middle rib, which were intended for use with the (after our era) crossover handrail.  Intermountain has produced a bajillion RTR versions of this car.  Then they discovered that the same ends were appropriate for the 10-panel 10'0" car that they conveniently already had all the other parts for.  One group of these cars not mentioned below is C&O 17000-17999, which I remember because I'd bought a set of these ends and was almost ready to kitbash one when the RTR version was announced.

Ron Merrick