AHM roof

Andy Carlson

To me that looks like an early Stanray steel roof before the raised panels. I had a need for a few of those 20+ years ago and I believe I used a Train Miniature donor. Look at the seam caps--look like a Murphy raised panel roof seam.
-Andy Carlson

On Sunday, March 15, 2020, 4:17:39 PM PDT, Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

Clark I think there were some flat panel steel roofs with seam caps like that. CP or CN perhaps?

-----Original Message-----

From: cepropst@q.com
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Sent: 2020-03-15 12:36:38 PM
Subject: [RealSTMFC] AHM roof

I over paid ($4) for an AHM 40', DS, DD box car thinking I needed it for a upcoming project. That project didn't materialize as I envisioned. What to do with the model? I took it out of the box and gave it a good look-see. The roof looked like something I'd seen before, so I cut it off. Is this roof usable? If so, what box cars had it?

All comments are appreciated...Well, all favorable comments anyway...
CW Propst

Attachments: