Re: [Non-DoD Source] [RealSTMFC] Photo: Barrels in A Boxcar

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

Bob;

They all look like beer barrels.  I cannot imagine shipping whiskey that way, but beer was often stacked and blocked like that.  They did not ship beer long distances back then, but there were plenty of locations out in the high desert that took shipments of beer.  Even Hemet!

I am familiar with Los Angeles Brewing from my early days living in LA.  I even remember the abandoned siding running alongside the shipping building downtown.  Not a real clean operation!

Great shots!  Keep them coming!

Elden Gatwood