Re: C&O 40' 1930 Automobile Boxcar

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford

Richard,

Please allow me to add to the other suggestions that this car (series 9500-9999) is covered on Plate 37 of FREIGHT CAR EQUIPMENT OF THE CHESAPEAKE & OHIO RAILWAY, AUGUST 1, 1937. The reprint with additions to the original work was edited Carl W. Shaver, and I believe is still available from Chesapeake & Ohio Historical Society.

Plate 37 includes builder's photos taken from the side, as well as both ends, plus the general arrangement drawing. The end photos are slightly larger than an O-scale model, and show some really useful details.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 7:53 PM Richard Remiarz <rremiarz@...> wrote:
I just started building a Funaro & Camerlengo C&O 1930 automobile boxcar kit.  In looking through my reference materials, I have found almost no information on these cars.  I thought I remembered an article in a publication sometime in the last few years (which means it was probably 5-10 years ago) about these cars and building this kit, but haven't been able to find anything.   Any help getting more information on these cars and this kit would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rich Remiarz
Vadnais Heights, MN