Re: Priming w/Yellow

gtws00

I was looking to paint a  Harvester/Combine model a bright shade of red that I custom mixed and a Cat D7 yellow as well. I could not get the red to look the way I wanted and tried an experiment using yellow, white and gray Badger Primer that I sprayed on a small styrene sheet. Attached are two photos showing the difference of covering the sheet with my red. I picked the neutral yellow for my base and have been now using it under my Boxcar Reds as well. I have been very pleased with the results so far. I have attached a photo of a brown I mixed and applied over the neutral yellow for my IC Mini-Kit as well.
Badger usually sells this primer at the Collinsville RPM a discounted price and comes in 12 colors.

George Toman
Willow Springs, IL