Re: Priming w/Yellow

Mont Switzer

A few years ago I painted John Deere, Caterpillar and International Harvester HO scale models. Maybe the way I did it was cheating, but it worked.

In all 3 cases I went to those respective equipment dealers and purchased aerosol cans of their touch up paint.  I then sprayed each one into a new paint bottle the size that fits my airbrush.  The paint was usually a little thick so I added lacquer thinner to get the right consistency to use in my air brush, a Pasche VL.

Sometime in the early 1970’s CAT took the lead out of their paint resulting in a more golden hue.  No problem.  CAT had touchup paint for before and after.

Tractor guys are pretty resinous about their restorations.

Mont

Montford L. Switzer

President

Switzer Tank Lines, Inc.