Re: Adjusting the gondola fleet

Chuck Cover

Group,

There are a few more car card/waybill systems out there that give operators a lot more options than the most common 4 position card in envelope that most folks use.  I use a computerized waybill system that prints out up to 14 destinations for each car card thus adding many more destinations before the operators see the car headed back to the same old industry.  For more information see the OPSIG web site in “The Dispatcher's Office”, Official Journal of the Operations Special Interest Group.  The system that I mentioned was covered in the July 2017 issue.

Chuck Cover

Santa Fe, NM