Re: Westerfield NB box car

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford

Clark,

Both the HC and the N&B were chiefly cement carriers, so having their cars on your Iowa railroad would be like sending the proverbial "coals to Newcastle". I won't say it couldn't happen, but it would be a very rare event.

In my 1958 ORER, both lines have the same senior officers, and their business address was 1517 Frick Bldg., Pittsburg, PA. This perhaps accounts for having nearly identical boxcars.

Although it says nothing about the railroads, here is a Wikipedia page on the Frick Bldg. with some interesting bits of history: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frick_Building .

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Sun, Mar 22, 2020 at 2:37 PM Clark Propst <cepropst@q.com> wrote:
I won a Westerfield NB box car as a door prize at CCB. Started on the kit this morning. Beautiful one piece body model BTW. Chances of seeing one of these cars around here are slim to none.There's plenty of info on NYC cars in the history sheets supplied. Don't know just how close this model is to them, but I'm guess it's the same.  I model 48-50 so I'm guessing  the NYC roofs were replaced? The Hannibal Connecting had the same cars as the NB. 'Might' be a better chance of seeing one of those here? Can I do a NYC car with a flat panel roof and three panel door?
Thanks,
CW Propst