Re: Tools for photo etched ladder assembly

william darnaby

Because of the number of Yarmouth kits I acquired I eventually broke down a got one the fret bending tools for the stiles so now I had to assemble ladders.  I went with soldering.  Years ago I bought one of the soldering pads offered by Micro-Mark designed to hold parts while soldering.  The pad becomes it’s own jig in a sense as the rungs poke through the holes in the stiles and into the pad.  The ladder can be completely assembled out of the loose rungs and stiles on he pad and then a quick touch of the soldering iron at each rung attaches the rungs into a rigid structure.

Bill Darnaby