Re: Lots of Freightcars [was] Westerfield NB box car

Todd Sullivan

Umm, the Santa Fe boxcar in the background has the "Ship and Travel" slogan, and I think that started in 1947 or so, and Garth said the L&N PS-1 boxcar two cars to the right from the Santa Fe car was built in 1952.  I think Buffalo 1953 makes more sense, given the evidence.

OTOH, I heartily agree that photos and their descriptions should not be separated.  I have many photos copied off the web for personal use, and I recently decided I need to document the source, date and location if known.  Fortunately, the long file names now allowed enable us to do that in the file name.

Todd Sullivan