Re: Lots of Freightcars [was] Westerfield NB box car

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford

Todd and Friends,

If you have a Mac you will find that the machine compresses the thumbnail title. The information is still there, but represented by ellipses. You can, of course, read it by right clicking on the title or photo; the whole title will appear in the menu that opens after a right click.

Perhaps a better possibility is to right click the photo and then choose 'GET INFO' from the menu. There is a comments box on the info screen which will allow you to add save a whole bunch of stuff. I just did a test, and the information in the comments box is retained if you duplicate the photo.

I don't have a PC to play with, but I suspect there are similar functions available those operating systems.

Yours Aye,

Mungo Napier, Laird of Mallard Lodge  🦆

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 7:39 PM Todd Sullivan via Groups.Io <sullivant41=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Umm, the Santa Fe boxcar in the background has the "Ship and Travel" slogan, and I think that started in 1947 or so, and Garth said the L&N PS-1 boxcar two cars to the right from the Santa Fe car was built in 1952.  I think Buffalo 1953 makes more sense, given the evidence.

OTOH, I heartily agree that photos and their descriptions should not be separated.  I have many photos copied off the web for personal use, and I recently decided I need to document the source, date and location if known.  Fortunately, the long file names now allowed enable us to do that in the file name.

Todd Sullivan