New Build, PRR Westerfield X26 with welded 6' car builder door

Andy Carlson

Cool build!

This sparks my curiosity.............. could someone take 2 pairs of Red Caboose X29 company doors and make this work on a USRA SS box car? I have 100s of those Creco-similar X29 doors.
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

On Wednesday, March 25, 2020, 3:39:24 PM PDT, Chuck Cover <chuck.cover@...> wrote:

Here is a newly built Westerfield PRR X26 SS 40' boxcar with a welded 6' car builder door.  Some X26 boxcars had these interesting doors, made by welding together two original 4' auxiliary doors.  These are somewhat similar to the CRECo doors.  There is a prototype photo of this door in RPCyc #24, p38.

Chuck Cover
Santa Fe, NM