From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Schuyler Larrabee via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2020 10:48 PM
To: realSTMFC@groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Rail Dates Information

I found, rummaging around in my files, part of a copy of a supplement to RMC from 1979.  It lists significant dates for many changes in railroad locomotive and freight car standards.  But for some reason, I only have copies of two pages, and it’s incomplete.  The freight car information ends about 1927.

If someone has a copy (pdf?) of this that’s complete, I’d like to have it.

But what I’d really like is a similar document with the significant dates like this that might be more comprehensive.  I started one for myself a long time ago, but that seems to have disappeared.

What set me looking for this was wanting to know the dates when AB brakes came into existence, and the later-than-that date when K brakes were outlawed in interchange.  Yes, I know, that outlaw date was frequently flouted, but still, I’d like to know when the rule called for no more K brakes.

Thanks

Schuyler