Re: Intermountain Deco end XM'x and others For Sale

James E Kubanick

It was done by DesPlaines.

Jim Kubanick
Morgantown WV

On Saturday, March 28, 2020, 1:56:20 AM EDT, Ed Hawkins <hawk0621@...> wrote:

On Mar 27, 2020, at 6:38 PM, David via Groups.Io <jaydeet2001@...> wrote:

You're a year too early. Southern sent 100 of their AAR '37 boxes to A&EC in 1954. This may be the first time Intermountain has run the A&EC scheme, but I know it's been done before in HO (probably by Red Caboose, or maybe Des Plaines?).

David,
Des Plaines Hobbies offered the special run of A&EC models that were made by Innovative Model Works (IMWX). The kit I purchased is catalogue no. DPH193, A&EC 1045, having square-corner 4-5 Dreadnaught ends and HE. 3-54 reweigh stencils. It was formerly a Southern car built in 1938.

The model came with a wood running board, whereas the A&EC cars received replacement Morton running boards.

The IMWX tooling was later sold to Red Caboose ca. 1996, however, I have found no evidence from Red Caboose product lists that the company ever offered the A&EC model.
Regards,
Ed Hawkins