IM Deco End Car Question

Friends,

I just received my Deco end C&O "For Progress" car from Ted Schnepf (Thanks again Ted). It is a  lot better assembled than the NS car I bought elsewhere a couple of years ago, with its running board looking like a washboard).

Question: My car has a circle with a line through the center in the middle of the door. AFAIK, this indicates some sort of tie-down devices. I see nothing about these cars being in any special service in my ORER. Any comments?

The car is reweigh 4-1949, which I presume is when these were repainted. I need to change this date, but that is a small thing.

Yours Aye,

Mungo Napier, Laird of Mallard Lodge  🦆