Re: DL&W paint scheme


Joe Bania
 

1942, from Mike Del Vecchio:
The first billboard boxcar appeared in April 1942, No.51000, in front of the 
Magor Car Company erecting shop with a small p.r. ceremony.  All new boxcars 
-From then on carried that billboard, or the more modern version of it from 
1955 forward.

The 1955 version is the one that has LACKAWANNA in big block letters on the left

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.