Re: New Run: Rapido HO Scale General American Meat Reefer

Tom Madden

On Sat, Apr 4, 2020 at 12:42 PM, Todd Sullivan wrote:
Tim,

Thanks, those are great photos and they show exactly what I was trying to describe!  There's one other photo I know about that is in one of the small softcover Anthracite railroad books.  It shows an overhead view of the CNJ yard on the Lehigh River with 3 SLRX reefers.  Since all my Eastern RR books are in storage elsewhere, I can't check.
"Memories of Eastern Pennsylvania Railroading" by Gerald Bernet, page 9. Two red Swift reefers, distant view, roofs are a dirty dark freight car red with a couple of lighter red individual boards. Lots of other interesting freight cars in the shot, including an obligatory NP box car, but the half toning gets in the way of being able to say much about individual cars. Great overall view of the CNJ's (CRP's?) Jim Thorpe yards in 1953, though. One of my favorite books but I wish it had been done in a larger format with higher quality reproduction. (It's 8.5 x 11, horizontal format.)

Tom Madden