Re: Illinois Central 40' ss boxcar information

Schleigh Mike

Hi Chuck & Group!

These cars were once frequent visitors to the WAG and B&O before 1956 bringing in green hides to the two tanneries operating on their line and on the one on the connecting C&PA.  There is a movie where three of these cars can be seen together.  Ted Culotta's article mentioned by Ben Hohm should provide all you need to get this job done.

Regards, Mike Schleigh in Grove City, Penna.

On Sunday, April 5, 2020, 11:13:25 AM EDT, Chuck Cover <chuck.cover@...> wrote:

Group,

Some time ago I purchased this NEB&W Green Dot Models, Illinois Central single sheathed boxcar kit that was partially built.  I am going to start working to finish the build but would like some information about the prototype. I am looking at the lack of diagonal on the panel to the left of the door.  Did this car originally have a door and a half?  What number series does this car fall?  Does anyone have a prototype photo?

It looks like F&C has a kit for this car, F&C #6270, and my kits instructions say go to F&C for replacement parts.

Thanks

Chuck Cover
Santa Fe, NM