Re: Illinois Central 40' ss boxcar information

Tim O'Connor

here ya go

On 4/5/2020 11:13 AM, Chuck Cover wrote:
Group,

Some time ago I purchased this NEB&W Green Dot Models, Illinois Central single sheathed boxcar kit that was partially built.  I am going to start working to finish the build but would like some information about the prototype. I am looking at the lack of diagonal on the panel to the left of the door.  Did this car originally have a door and a half?  What number series does this car fall?  Does anyone have a prototype photo?

It looks like F&C has a kit for this car, F&C #6270, and my kits instructions say go to F&C for replacement parts.

Thanks

Chuck Cover
Santa Fe, NM

Attachments: