Re: Anyone Want A First Generation SFRD Mechanical Reefer?

Tim O'Connor

Not to mention the UNION TANK CAR UTLX X-1 tank cars!! AAARGH!

:-D

On 4/5/2020 2:31 PM, Charlie Vlk wrote:
All-
Why do an interchange freight car prototype that had a hundred or less examples?
Have we completely run out of missed cars with broader multi road application?
I don’t think we have many production single sheathed door and a half box cars and many of them had very long service lives and numbered in the thousands on many lines...and went all over.
Charlie Vlk

Don’t be fooled by the Lionel F3 syndrome- while a great railroad with attractive equipment, nothing else sells like it without Warbonnet paint....ATSF freight units sell about the same as high middle other roads. Even a ATSF layout might not “need” a scarce car that was quickly obsoleted.
--
*Tim O'Connor*
*Sterling, Massachusetts*