Re: Model brake component size comparison to prototype

Tim O'Connor

I have some too - I'd forgotten where they come from. I only have enough for
one or two cars, but now there are the Kadees, so...

On 4/6/2020 12:04 AM, Tony Thompson wrote:
Dennis Storzek wrote:

I've only ever done one investment cast project; I wanted some bracket grabs that were more robust than the typical styrene parts, so back when Intermountain was still molding parts here in the US, I bought a hundred detail sprues from their PS-1, clipped the runner with the grabs out of them, and sent them out as investment masters. I was warned about the potential for ash to plug the long narrow cavity, and indeed, the reject rate was someplace around 20%, but the properly filled parts were nice.

    Richard Hendrickson did the same to get some durable bracket-mount grabs. I still have a couple dozen of his parts, very nice brass. Don't know what reject rate occurred.

Tony Thompson

Sterling, Massachusetts