Re: Modellogenic scene: from ErieLack NPS photos

Charles Peck

I agree the roof has what look like ice hatches. On the other hand, did any
reefer ever have sliding doors?  I see no sign that there were ever any hinges
for swinging doors.
Chuck Peck

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 3:07 PM Jack Mullen <jack.f.mullen@...> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 11:21 AM, Richard Brennan wrote:
- the no end-platform contractor business car (converted traction baggage?)
Notice the ice hatches at each end, which suggest this is a former express refrigerator. Possibly ex-traction, but the flat ends make me think it's of steam-road origin. Clerestory roofs were uncommon but did appear on some early express reefers, e.g. Wells Fargo.

Jack Mullen