Gesendet: Donnerstag, 09. April 2020 um 01:14 Uhr
Von: "Garth Groff and Sally Sanford" <mallardlodge1000@...>
An: RealSTMFC@groups.io
Betreff: Re: [RealSTMFC] Standard Container Boxcar [was: Pres-To-Logs Boxcar]
Alex and Claus,

Is it possible the Pres-to-Log car was strictly for in-plant use? Compare with the attached.

I shot Standard Container boxcar 1001 I shot in January 1982, I think in Homerville, Georgia. Since it lacks end numbers and a reporting mark, I must conclude this car was only for in-plant use. I haven't been able to locate any additional information about Standard Container Company, except that it is now a mid-level superfund site.

This car is, of course, way beyond our period mandate in this incarnation, but it certainly dates to around 1948.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿