Re: WFEX 1201-1202 freight reefers

vapeurchapelon

Hello Tim,

FWIW, these models didn't come from W&R but Shoreham Shops instead.

Many greetings

Johannes

On Mon, Apr 6, 2020 at 06:57 PM, Tim O'Connor wrote:

Were they anything like the W&R models?

https://brasstrains.sirv.com/products/079574/0795740102.jpg

On 4/6/2020 9:30 PM, Donald B. Valentine via groups.io wrote:
    Out of curiosity alone I looked for these cars in my July 1947 ORER and, like you,  found them gone by that time.
So I looked at the WFE and BREX rosters to see if they had anything similar, which they didn't. I had also look over
my Athearn FOBX #4156 which is listed but has nowhere near the height of your two odd balls. With no similar cars
listed for the related companies I went back and looked at the January 1938 ORER and found both listed there and
just as you described them. Sorry I can't offer any ore on these tow strange cars.

    Speaking of the Athearn FOBX #4156 does anyone know where Fruit Growers Express used these cars and who
they served? Fruit Growers was a large operator in New England, especially on the New Haven, so I bought it some
time ago to add variety to a reefer block.

Cordially, Don Valentine

Sterling, Massachusetts