From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Andy Laurent via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, April 9, 2020 10:41 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] BAR 7000-series reefers

Gents,
Does anyone on the list have a color photo of a BAR 7000-series 40' steel refrigerator car in the as-built orange scheme from 1951-53 (two batches)? I am curious what color the ends and sills were painted. I checked the message archives and only see discussion of the red/white/blue scheme.  Henderson mentions a solid orange scheme on Page 23 of Classic Freight Cars Vol 3 as being the original, but this image suggests that they had dark ends, roofs, and sills:  BAR 7015 - Bangor Daily News March 1953

Thank you,
Andy Laurent
Wisconsin