Re: BAR 7000-series reefers

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford

Andy,

Attached are two views of BAR 7765 taken on different visits to the Conway Scenic Railway. No guarantees the shots reflect either as-built paint or a later in-service version. Make of them what you will.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 11:40 PM Andy Laurent via groups.io <andy.laurent=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Gents,
Does anyone on the list have a color photo of a BAR 7000-series 40' steel refrigerator car in the as-built orange scheme from 1951-53 (two batches)? I am curious what color the ends and sills were painted. I checked the message archives and only see discussion of the red/white/blue scheme.  Henderson mentions a solid orange scheme on Page 23 of Classic Freight Cars Vol 3 as being the original, but this image suggests that they had dark ends, roofs, and sills:  BAR 7015 - Bangor Daily News March 1953

Thank you,
Andy Laurent
Wisconsin