Re: Pittsburgh photos

Eric Hansmann

Depending upon the era, both banks of each river had rail service for miles from the Point. There are wonderful opportunities for mainline, yard, and branch operations with a wide variety of customers for a layout of almost any size in any scale. 

I can sit for hours reviewing images of the Pittsburgh City Photographer collection on the Historic Pittsburgh site. You can see a city transform over time with small and large public works.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On April 10, 2020 at 6:46 AM "Gatwood, Elden J SAD " <elden.j.gatwood@...> wrote:

Yeah, I love that area.  The fact that it hosted SO many different freight cars is a real draw.

Elden Gatwood

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Soderblom
Sent: Thursday, April 9, 2020 5:08 PM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io
Subject: [Non-DoD Source] [RealSTMFC] Pittsburgh photos

Thanks so much; there are so many scenes that beg to be simulated in scale.  I wouldn’t care to do the Russian Orthodox church, but there are all those lovely details: the combination of concrete and stone walls; the general grunge; the excavation in the brick-paved street; the (almost) 3-way street turnout, but not with girder rail; the riverside scenes.

David Soderblom

Baltimore MD USA

drs@..., 410-338-4543

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.