Re: Freight car roofs, 1959

Tim O'Connor

And check out those CLEAN patches on the wood reefer - I suppose to make the
reporting marks and other data legible! I'll bet no modelers have done that. :-P

In 1962 that NP round roof box car would be a recent addition to the NP roster.

Tim O'Connor

On 4/9/2020 4:51 PM, Tom Madden via groups.io wrote:
On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 01:10 PM, D. Scott Chatfield wrote:
Interesting view of a yard in California in 1959.  Note that Brock's Law is in force....

Have been systematically scanning my slides going back to 1968. Here's one from September 1962, stopped for a passing CB&Q freight in Edgemont SD on our way from the Black Hills to Colorado and just had to take a photo from the car window. Sure enough, a round roof NP auto car just made it into the frame at the right edge. Brock's Law prevails!

Tom Madden

Attachments:

Sterling, Massachusetts