Re: BAR 7000-series reefers

Tim O'Connor

BAR 7123

On 4/9/2020 11:40 PM, Andy Laurent via groups.io wrote:
Gents,
Does anyone on the list have a color photo of a BAR 7000-series 40' steel refrigerator car in the as-built orange scheme from 1951-53 (two batches)? I am curious what color the ends and sills were painted. I checked the message archives and only see discussion of the red/white/blue scheme.  Henderson mentions a solid orange scheme on Page 23 of Classic Freight Cars Vol 3 as being the original, but this image suggests that they had dark ends, roofs, and sills:  BAR 7015 - Bangor Daily News March 1953

Thank you,
Andy Laurent

Sterling, Massachusetts