Regarding the opposite river bank. I think that those are winter moorings for power boats. They drive in and are individually lifted out of the water for winter storage in their own garage. I am guessing that to leave them in the water might result in ice damage to the hulls.

Pat Wade
Santa Barbara, CA

On Apr 10, 2020, at 8:57 AM, Schuyler Larrabee via groups.io
<schuyler.larrabee=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

´╗┐Well, my first thought about this spectacular photo was "Wow, a snap-track layout!" Well, not quite, the radii are larger than even 22", but I also would like to know what is that arrangement on the opposite side of the river all about?

Schuyler

-----Original Message-----
From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tim O'Connor
Sent: Friday, April 10, 2020 10:27 AM
To: bbfcl@groups.io; mfcl@groups.io; RealSTMFC@groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Hooker Chemical, Tacoma

Jeff Helm pointed out this SPECTACULAR industrial photo from the 1960's but the Hooker Chemical plant here was built in the 1940's and lasted through the 1990's (at least that long) so I thought it is worth sharing around. If my stupid mail program truncates the long URL you'll have to paste it back together to see it in your browser. :-\:-)

cdm17061.contentdm.oclc.org/utils/ajaxhelper/?CISOROOT=p17061coll21&CISOPTR=32743&action=2&DMSCALE=100&DMWIDTH=2848&DMHEIGHT=2210

On 4/8/2020 3:05 PM, Jeff Helm wrote:
Found the online photos, at the Tacoma Public Library digital collections. Some interesting links:
First two are the caustic tank car.

http://cdm17061.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/singleitem/collection/p17061col
l21/id/32346/rec/81
http://cdm17061.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/singleitem/collection/p17061col